Some of the truths about God is that He listens. He answers. He provides.
Let’s recall a sprinkling of some instances from the bible, although there are many more:
- God heard the Israelites crying out because of their slave drivers (Exodus 3:7) and listened to their groanings (Exodus 2:24); He rescued them.
- God listened to Leah, and she became pregnant and bore Jacob a fifth son (Genesis 30:17).
- Then God remembered Rachel; he listened to her and opened her womb (Genesis 30:22).
- Manoah prayed, begged really, for God to help her and her husband prepare for a boy the LORD promised her. God listened (Judges 13:8-9).
- Israel made a vow to the LORD that if the LORD turned over the Canaanites, they’d destroy their cities. The LORD listened (Numbers 21:2-3).
- God listened, and the Levites’ prayers entered His holy heaven (2 Chronicles 30:27).
- God listened to Manasseh’s plea and brought him back to Jerusalem, and Manasseh knew that the Lord is God (2 Chronicles 33:13).
- God listened to Moses (Deuteronomy 10:10).
- God listened to Abraham’s request and kept Lot safe, removing him from the disaster that engulfed the cities (Genesis 19:29).
Tuck these truths into your heart, knowing He is listening to you, too! And He will answer.